Later on, thanks to my friend who showed me some links on how to make stuff yourself, so you control what you use and save a bunch of money because there is no fillers and no paying for company advertisement, and employee and their building etc. I started thinking my options over.
I am kind of a person who likes to dive into things, I ended up spending too much money on stuff and not using them. So, I need to pace myself now, not easy but I have to. Since I don't earn any money right now, I really have to budget on spending. How do I do that, remember all the stuff on sale that I bought. Yes, I still have a lot of them in the storage. Now, the things that I immediately need, or need very very soon before I ran out of it, I can start making. One day at a time, I will plan what needs to be made, before I ran out, so if it does not work I still have some to use before I really run out.
I thought making everyday stuff like laundry detergent, lotion, soap etc are very hard, I am amazed when I search through the internet on how easy to make them. The problem is, I live in a new town, I don't know where to buy these ingredients that seems like readily available all over US like in Walmart, they are not available in Canada's Walmart. But that won't stop me, I search on to find other place to find such ingredients. And of course the price here can be a lot more than in US. Still I hope to save some money in making them myself.
Now, I already use or made some everyday necessity, I think I should tell the world about it. It is not to make the factory go bankrupt, but for people who would like to save every dime, and have some time to make their own necessity and want to make sure they are not bombarded by all GMO and chemicals. I am no expert, I just started, like last week, I think :).
What I want to share, I will make sure they work for me first, and I am looking for the simplest recipes. So, I will not post every day or every week, I will tell people when I already try it and liking it. I will also try to help out with where to find the ingredients. I am trying to live green, we owe it to our kids for a greener and healthier tomorrow.
Enough said, my first share with you is fabric softener. The simplest one ever, one ingredient and very easy to find in any grocery store, white vinegar. That is right, just replace your costly fabric softener with the cheap vinegar. I have this washer with the softener place at the top, usually I put fabric softener and diluted it with water. With vinegar, I just fill it with vinegar straight about half a cup. So, if you use softener ball, try using the same amount as you put the softener first, and if that is not enough you can put more vinegar.
Enough said, my first share with you is fabric softener. The simplest one ever, one ingredient and very easy to find in any grocery store, white vinegar. That is right, just replace your costly fabric softener with the cheap vinegar. I have this washer with the softener place at the top, usually I put fabric softener and diluted it with water. With vinegar, I just fill it with vinegar straight about half a cup. So, if you use softener ball, try using the same amount as you put the softener first, and if that is not enough you can put more vinegar.
I've been using this vinegar since last week, my laundry smells like nothing, you won't smell vinegar in your laundry and man they are so soft and fluffy. None of the softener I used ever give me that soft feel to fabrics like vinegar does. Also I see less wrinkle on the clothes. I hang my clothes in the basement because it is winter now. Since the heater is running, it helps dry the laundry, it might take a couple of days to dry but it save some dollars rather than running the dryer.
I usually had to close the door and still smell the fragrant from the softener fill the house, now I don't smell anything. Oh for the people who like the fragrance, you can mix vinegar with hair conditioner and water. I never try it, because the simplest it is the better it is for me and I don't like too much fragrance anyway.
There is a lot of use of vinegar, but since I haven't try it yet, I can't really tell you the result and how it is. I did use vinegar to clean the kitchen and it works well. That greasy yellow stuff on appliances that stays there because you deep fry a lot, scrub it with straight vinegar. After you clean, the vinegar's smell just disappear. I only use it once, though, since my husband do not like the smell of vinegar. Next time I am cleaning with vinegar, I will make sure he is not around, because he won't smell it afterward. And I haven't heard him complain about the clothes, so, there is no smell.
I cannot guarantee what works for me will work for you, there are things that is out of our control like the water we have here most likely different from your water. So, if this does not work, try to find that works for you on the internet.
I cannot guarantee what works for me will work for you, there are things that is out of our control like the water we have here most likely different from your water. So, if this does not work, try to find that works for you on the internet.
Until next time.
Bagus tulisannya Nat ^^
ReplyDeleteTrims.